<br>

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Tic Tac Toe Linky

This week has been amazing! I have had so much fun reading and following new blogs through bloglovin'! It really has given me the chance to meet bloggers and find connections with many of you! That makes me excited and happy!
Today, I am linking up with Latoya with her Tic Tac Toe Linky! It looks really fun, and I am excited to get started and share!


I went to the University of North Florida in Jacksonville, FL. 


My college experience was AMAZING! I left home as soon as I graduated high school. I was about four hours from home. It was just the right distance. UNF was a smaller school in the middle of a nature preserve with smaller class sizes. It was perfect for having a personalized experience in college. My favorite memory was meeting my good friend Ashley. We met during our first summer term in the dorms. We were randomly paired, and it was a match made in heaven! People are not kidding when they say lifelong friendships often begin in college. We went through sorority recruitment together (jointed different sororities), were separated when I moved home for a year to go to USF, and many other obstacles that friends go through, but we ALWAYS pick up where we left off! Below is a throwback picture... PLEASE EXCUSE MY HORRIBLE EYE SHADOW! HA!


Favorite School Memory as a Kid: Wow! Elementary school for me was wonderful! I was born with a hearing impairment, but because my parents spoke to me like I was a normal kid, and I had many resources, with my hair down you would never know! My resource teachers in Elementary school are still my mentors and friends today. I sometimes wonder what they think now that I have grown up to be a teacher like them. THEY INSPIRED ME! When I saw them when I was little, I wanted to be like THEM! I will forever be grateful for their kindness and guidance.

Hobbies: As a child I traveled a lot. My mom called me her travel bug. I love traveling and learning about new places. While I was in college (poor college kid... a coined term?!?  IT IS A FACT) I was not able to travel much. My dad traveled as a nurse, and I got the opportunity to go to San Francisco. So far that is my favorite place I've been. What are some cool places you have been? What cool things have you done there? (Have you gone caving in Arkansas? If you have the chance...GO!)


Visit me tomorrow for Sabra's Must Have it Monday's! <3




1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessie! Thanks for commenting on my blog...I'm going to have to agree with a few others who have commented on your blog that you are so funny! Reading your comment about your dog peeing and disrupting your reading time...ummm that was totally me last summer! I am so glad to have found your blog! I'm glad you are a new blogger as well...helps me know I'm not alone in figuring all this out!
    Tess
    The Teacher and the Frog

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover