<br>

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Progress is always good!

I know it has been a little over a month since I have posted, but this past month has been a whirlwind of new beginnings and progress! I have to admit though, I have missed my blog friends. Hopefully after you read this blog, you will have a better understanding of where I have been. If you do, I promise I will blog on a regular basis! SWEAR!

The middle of last month I got a nasty sickness that landed me on my butt for a few days more like three weeks. It was bronchitis... "Ain't nobody got time for that!" After missing school for three days and spending more time making sure my students were getting educated than resting, I had an ah-ha! moment! I wanted to create a better lifestyle for myself! I hate feeling like crap because I eat like crap, or don't exercise ( I exercised maybe once a week, you might as well call that not exercising at all). A friend that I went to high school is a Shakeology coach, and I called her up and decided to go for it! Lets just say I am NOT regretting it one bit! I started a little over a week ago, and have not looked back!  I have more energy, no cravings, and my jeans are fitting a little better. It is a little pricey all at once, but a month ago I stopped every morning for breakfast, and often went out to lunch. The best thing about it, is I am licking my glass when I am done with my shake in the morning. Tastes just like a Reeces peanut butter cup! All those breakfasts and lunches combined equal the price of Shakeology. I actually crave healthy food now. Call me crazy. By the way, I am not a coach or in any way being paid or getting a discount on Shakeology products by writing this post! Promise!
I was super excited to get my new start in the mail:


If you like Shakeology too,ask me about my favorite recipe!


Let me get back on track towards something teaching related...

A month ago my grade 7 team and students went on our first field trip to a farm and corn maize. You may ask, "Are seventh graders a little old to be taking to a farm?" The answer is NO! The farm that we went to made it so interesting for the older kids. They sent us lesson plans already at a seventh grade level. To get through the corn maize, we had to answer questions about Civics and American History. Of course, I made students answer the questions to get me out of there. I don't like being in a place I can't get myself out of. Got to be aware of where the door is! Sure enough, my students got me through!


1 comment:

  1. Good for you keep up the work. I could stand to exercise a litte more too!!

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover