<br>

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Holy First Year Teacher Exhaustion!

Wow! Wow! Wow!
First, let me applaud those veteran teachers for making it all look so easy! I am sorry for being MIA. I have been getting used to the whole first week craziness! Does it get easier? Will I ever be able to come home and not feel the need to take a nap for thirty minutes?
Just to fill you in on how my day goes:
We have a daily debriefing at 7:35, then morning hall duty at 7:45.
8:00- Period 1
Period 2
Period 3
Planning
Lunch
Period 5
Period 6
Period 7
After School Club/or Planning 3-4

Oh! So, today was the third day of school. WE HAD PICTURE DAY! Huh?! It went better than I expected, but the social studies teachers were responsible for taking students each period. Glass Half Full perspective: I got an easy hump day and allowed me some extra time to learn all the names of my students. 

How did the first week of school go during your first year of teaching? Please let me know if I am doing this wrong?! Please! Ha.

7 comments:

  1. I was actually telling The Mister earlier that it feels like my body is rebelling against me. I feel disgusting from all the fast food we've been eating during our quick lunches during professional development. I'm so exhausted that my body hurts. I feel like I can't do anything when I get home except sleep. It happens to me every year. I think I tend to forget over the course of the year how tiring the first few weeks are. It does get easier!

    Courtney
    Sweet in Seventh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting! We are in the middle of moving and our appliances in our soon to be old house.. well just are not functional (the reason we are moving) so the whole eating out thing is really wearing on me too. One more weekend in this place. I am really counting down. Hopefully after the move things get easier!

      Delete
  2. I have been teaching for 13 years and I still get exhausted. But after the first few weeks of school it gets better. The first few weeks are always a little crazy.

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been teaching for 16 years and I have come home the past two days and taken THREE hour naps. It does get easier once you get all of your organization and management routines into place.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. The firs three years of teaching I lost my voice the first week of school! It'll get easier!!!! For next year, have them do get to know you games and such where you're not the center of everything and feel like you have to be "on" all the time :)

    Stephanie
    Tales of Teaching in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is exhausting for everyone! I am only in my second year now, but I think I'm slightly less tired than last year, but yeah... it's hard! Going from lazy summers to long days is rough! I am ready for it to be FRIDAY so I can sleep in a little on Saturday! This waking up at 5:30 is not cutting it for me!

    --Mia
    classyteacherlady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all feel your pain. I am just in my first week now, and I am soooo looking forward to sleeping in this weekend. Hope you're doing better now that you have been teaching for two weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover