<br>

Monday, July 8, 2013

Liebster Award: Discovering New Blogs

I woke up this morning and grabbed my phone. Half awake, I was scrolling through my emails...Sports Authority (Delete--Ain't nobody got time fo that!)...Artsy Abode (Delete--can't afford that right now)... The Short and Sassy Teacher nominated me for an award?! I'm awake now! I don't care how big or small an award may seem, it is always the thought that counts. I am so flattered. Erin nominated me for a Liebster Award. I started this blog a few months ago with the hope to share and gain ideas from other teachers in the blog community. I was always told that I have a way of putting my sense of humor into my writing, I wanted to do that again. It is slowly, but surely coming out. Thank you to all of my followers! Each time I get an email saying I have a new follower, I do a happy dance RIGHT. IN. THE. MOMENT. Thank you for the encouragement and support. I love your comments and support. I know that this will make my first full year of teaching memorable! For that, I am excited to get it started!

Here are the "rules" for accepting this nomination:

1. Link back to the blog that nominated me
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees
6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them

My nominations:

1. Andrea at Right Down the Middle
3. Jennifer at The Martinez Men

Questions Erin asked about me: 
1.My Favorite Subject to Teach: Social Studies, more specifically American History. History after World War I.
2. What is your favorite book to read to the class: I love reading excerpts of John Adams by David McCullough
3. One thing in my class I cannot live without is: MY PLANNER! It is the main thing that keeps me on track. When I was closing out the year, it was my saving grace!
4. Coke or Pepsi: I am a Pepsi Girl! No doubt! 
5. The last thing I purchased: Some jute string for my bunting banners for my classroom
6. Favorite memory from summer 2013 so far: Getting rained on at 4th of July. It has been a while since 
we have had a rainy 4th of July in Florida (that I can remember)
7. Next year I am looking forward to making strong relationships with teachers on my team and implementing
the interactive notebooks in the classroom.
8. I would go to Old Navy. You can dress anything in that store up or down. I love it! (Now they need to get some Jack Rogers in stock so I can have some in EVERY COLOR)
9. The food I often crave is chicken wings
10. I would LOVE to visit Ireland! 
(just to name a few)

11 Random Facts about myself:
1. I love tank tops 2. My dog, Dexter a.k.a Bubba, is my joy and happiness. 3. Favorite song: Wagon Wheel 
4. I have a weird obsession with candles (have you tried those wood wick ones?) 5. I have an older brother
6. I enjoy to cook, waiting to move to new place (new pots and pans etc.) 7. If I do not know a song in its entirety, I still belt out the 15 seconds I DO know. 8. I can't choose a favorite type of food or color (it changes ALL the time) 9. I love Reality TV, it is just enough drama for my life 10. I will buy a planner, then a few days later see one I like better, so I have a bunch of blank ones laying around (does anyone else do this?)
11. I like big purses, I cannot lie.

Questions for my nominees:

1. What was your intent when you started your blog?
2. How do you organize what/when you will blog about?
3. Tell me about your pets.
4. What movie title would you pick as your life story?
5. What would a utopian society be like to you?
6. Which TV shows world would you want to live in?
7.Tell me about a memorable student that you taught.
8.What was your favorite memory as a kid?
9. What is your favorite subject to teach, and why?
10. What advice do you have for a first year teacher?
11. What are some of you favorite blogs to read?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much, Jessie! I appreciate it! I love your blog--I'm your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover