<br>

Monday, July 8, 2013

Monday Made It: Word Wall Bunting



Today has been a bit crazy around here. I did not know if I really had anything to put up for Tara's Monday "Made-It" linky party and I remembered that I DID get some of my bunting done for my classroom! I am going with a natural theme for my classroom this year. There is this rule where Middle and High School teachers do not decorate/theme their classrooms...


Now that I have my room underway with the paint, I am able to start getting these going with crafting and whatever. This week I made my name bunting for the outside of my room and the word wall bunting:




Please excuse my coffee table as my stage, but it is what it is. Ha! I have yet to add the jute string to it, but I will add the string when the painting in my room gets closer to being finished. Are you liking the bunting idea? Is the natural theme too mature for 7th grade? 

Im off to see some of the things you all are making!


2 comments:

  1. The bunting looks great! I talked with some students at the end of the year (5th graders) who were actually scared of middle school BECAUSE the teachers don't decorate their rooms so they thought they would be mean! I'm sure your students will appreciate the welcoming atmosphere you are creating for them!

    Polka Dots & Teaching Tots

    ReplyDelete
  2. I teach high school and I totally agree with you. I figure that I spend all day there, so I want it to look nice. It also seems (and this might be all in my head...) that my students put forth more effort when things look nice. I think it's because they can see that I'm invested, so they are more invested too.
    Rachel
    La Señorita Creativa

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover